Why Teach the Education and the Environment Initiative Curriculum
The Education and the Environment Initiative (EEI) Curriculum integrates education about the environment into core subjects already taught in our K–12 school system – Science and History-Social Science. Through engagement with EEI, your students' mastery of the academic content standards will go hand-in-hand with increased environmental literacy.
The high educational quality of the EEI Curriculum is ensured through:
- Alignment of the EEI Curriculum and the foundational Environmental Principles & Concepts to California's academic content standards.
- Review by technical experts and education professionals.
- Field and pilot testing in California schools.
- Approval by the State Board of Education.
- Coordination and collaboration between the California Environmental Protection Agency, the California Department of Education, the State Board of Education, and the California Natural Resources Agency.